is a portable patient isolation unit (PIU) which prevents particulate
radiological) cross-contamination between the patient and the external
environment. This unit includes features that enable medical
intervention to the patient via end-user supplied medical equipment.
CAPSULS™ is intended to be used in the:
• Transportation and isolation of patients on aircraft, ambulances, ships, and any vehicle capable of safely relocating a patient on a standard litter.
• Temporary isolation with or without transport of patients within hospitals or other medical facilities.
CAPSULS™ is a Regulatory Class II device. It has been cleared by the FDA for marketing in the U.S. (510(k) K052798). CAPSULS™ is covered under U. S. and European patents.
Products is currently in the test verification stages of introducing
it's latest product.
The second version of ISOVAC’s PIU is intended to
be used to safely transport personnel exposed to, or potentially
exposed to, an identified/known infectious agent or chemical warfare
agent (CWA) by Land, Air, or Sea. The goal is for it to be approved for
flight including hoisting operations.
The unit is expected to be released to the public in the 4th quarter of 2015.
...The company, ISOVAC
has been working with the Pentagon to develop medical equipment
according to its specifications. "It's for protecting soldiers and
health care workers," Hunter said. "Instead of having to put on
unwieldly suits, [they] could put infected patients inside it. The
danger is in getting folks from remote villages to hospitals."
-- Hill Blotter
Top Links & Articles
- - Portable isolation chamber could help contain Ebola -
Kirk Urges CDC Approval of Illinois Innovation in Fight Against Ebola -
- - Romeoville Company Says Device Can Protect Health Care Workes Transporting Patients -
- - Romeoville Company Wants to Help with Ebola -
- -First US Ebola
- -CDC Ebola Virus Information-
- -Ebola Alert (Statistics)-
What is ISOVAC Products?
chemical. biological, and radiological casualty isolation systems which
are crucial in preventing medical equipment and personnel,
transportation assets, and the general population from being
contaminated by infectious agents and/or harmful chemicals, therefore
reducing the negative impact of pathological outbreaks, chemical
mishaps, and potential terrorist attacks.
ISOVAC Products LLC can also design and manufacture custom isolation and containment products to meet client specific needs.